From: Mikey boy
Whoa, the last review was about 2 years ago. Well, never mind. I am new here (well, not that new, i'm about one month old :P) and i've been reading lots of GREAT comments about LPF. That means i'm not alone, cause I'm fucking addicted to this site. Let me thank you for making this happen! I would be terribly sad if the site went down. It's like taking away a part of me, so I would do anything I can to help. (Where can the sent messages be seen by the way??)
Id Like to Help Out to the best that I can Im addicted to this site
I'd like to help out wherever I can. It would be a total shame to see this site disappear. This site has gotten so many people into writing and/or loving it again.
I wouldn't mind helping out with those pesky bots. *gives them evil eye of doom* Or even helping to maybe revive the beta team. :)
Anyone who has a LPF message board account: please try to stop by the 'LPfiction Mods/Admins Wanted' thread in The Pub subforum and leave some feedback.
I would link the thread but for some reason it keeps getting messed up.
There was no need to delete my post =/ I'm just saying that unless someone is really willing to work hard and pull this back then it's going to stay full of Mary Sues and Bennoda cliches. But okay I guess you don't want to hear that.
I don't see myself being of much help, because I have never been a real part of this community, but I love this site, I've been visiting it for years and it pains me to see it go - I don't even want to imagine my life without the possibility to just go and read and escape the dullness. Having said that, I am willing to help in any way i can, whether it is a financial aid when the time comes or anything out there needed that is in my power.
Also, I think Ann had some very good ideas, I'd be more than willing to help with the twitter or maybe facebook account? being the twitter/FB maniac that I am I think I could be of some help here.
Just don't let this site die, guys - this is not only to Gummibear Queen but to all of you. I know I'm not the only one who loves this site so much, whose memories are connected with it on a higher level, so let's fight for it!
Sorry for my coding fail!
Any one interested in the message board discussion copy paste the following URL:
"Maybe the problem is that we are following into that give/receive pattern where we are giving less and wanting to receive more."
you're awesome. I couldn't say something better. I feel ashamed myself because I was doing the same, but I kinda got bored in searching stories and stuff, so I didn't come here very often, I always found strange stories around. my problem was actually understanding what stories talk about and I'm forced to read them to understand, so I find things I really don't like and get annoyed. that's my reason of why I wasn't here for a little, like some others who told me the same. the site isn't dying btw, it's FULL of people who read, seriously. but many aren't registrered or don't login. I know they're reading. and I also know the site needs support, so maybe they should review or rate.
Ann ftw x3 I love your site too A LOT and can't wait for updates.
I lived here and in ann's site for years. I won't let it close so easily, it's unfair.
Fwaa, this website cannot end! I luff it too much!
I wish I could think of some more good ideas for you guys....
But I think Ann may have that covered down below.
Honestly, is our problem that the site is dying? Maybe it's not so much dying, as less people are adding stories and chapters, but it's definitely true that lots of people are returning to read stories.
Maybe the problem is that we are following into that give/receive pattern where we are giving less and wanting to receive more.
It would help if the people who come here just to read started posting more, maybe if more people became Betas and writers and not just readers.
I know I should probably be taking my own advice since I have not a single story posted.. ^^
But I definitely know I love the site more than I love my cats (whom I love more than most humans) and if it ended I would be across the street from devastated.
Now, I know I haven't been here nearly as long as some of you guys, but if there's anything I can do to keep LPF alive, I'll jump at it.
I'm pretty sure most of us will. :3
I said that before, Ann is a genius. *bows down*
It's Ann from Bennoda. I understand why the mods/admins of LPF have been not exactly around lately. I myself have neglected my site for a while, to a point I have to put it on hiatus and wait for a better time to come back. It's not easy to run such a big site like this one: going through the good and bad of various kinds of writing, coping with dramas between writers and fangirls (they always have the worst dramas); and the hardest part is to keep your love for Linkin Park burning while they refuse to stop growing their hair like hobos and throwing fashion disaster fest everywhere. If I were you, I might have told everyone to fuck off and call it a quit.
But you cannot quit. WE cannot quit. LPFiction is such a special place that even when I almost fell out of love with Linkin Park, I still visit this site just to see that it's still alive, people are still writing and those guys are still having gay sex with each other in hot heated stories no matter how URGH they look in real life. I have seen generations of young writers growing up from this site. They may end up nowhere, some of them may only be capable of writing shit!fics in the end, but writing saved so many of them from depression and the boring, ugly routine of life. Some of them - I believe will publish amazing books someday, or use their writing to help others. LPF is not just a fanfiction site, at least to me. It's a sanctuary for writers to express themselves and make friends, for young people to have their voices heard in a time where no one listens to another anymore. It's a home where the kids who think they don't belong, the kids who have nowhere to run - can hide in the shadow waiting for the sun god damn it gimme some mouthwash. That's how desperate I am to see this site alive - I quoted Shinoda, and ruined my reputation of being a cool fan, not another linkie bopper!
With that said, I have some small suggestions to make the site better.
1. There has been an oldschool vs. newbies thing lately, which is understandable. The earliest stories marked back in 2002, that means someone has been on this wagon for 8 years, if not longer. After years of reading slash, you would get tired of it, and become more picky with your reading choice. However, someone who are new to the band and the fandom would be excited about ANYTHING. This difference makes the oldschoolers hardly accept the noobs and their fangirling attitude. However, everyone starts out with shit!fics, even the greatest authors, everyone starts out a teenie bopper. The MB has not been the friendliest place out there with the ‘Fuck off, noobs’ vibe. Some newer LPF writers even created a community to connect with each other (Hybrid Dialect Fic, right?) It would be such a waste of place of LPF MB because those people can do it, talk, discuss, fangirling RIGHT HERE on this MB – the LPF MB for the LPF people. The LPF MB was super cool back then with all the amazing writers, but now, most of them have gone. A new generation is dominating the site, and they have to right to use the MB. What I’m afraid is if the newbies come, would any oldschooler would be like “Oh, this place was cool back then, now it’s full of noobs. I’m out.” I suggest we make a discussion on this. Try to balance everything: drop the bad, too teeny, ignorant fangirling, and keep the constructive discussions (on writing crafts or such), the fun, smart, harmless and friendly conversations. This thing needs everyone’s contribution.
2. With that said, we need mods who can connect both the old and the new people, even better if they are a good author, because it’s a writing community after all. It’s great that we already have Enigmatic. I want to say L~T because she’s a great writer and some of the rare posters lately. Murryalmighty – but she’s not even around any more (man, looking through to board to find some names is depressing). I also see that Astraloree sent you an email, I guess she would be a perfect choice too. She writes great stuff and seems to be a friendly person. I remember she RPG-ed with Autumn/mike/starscream but they never released it as a story, don’t understand why (damn I miss Autumn’s writing).
3. The bots: if there’s an option that allow users with 5+ posts only to create threads, I think it may stop the bots for a while. I forgot where the option is in the Admin CP tho :(
4. Since our site is pretty dead as well, it’s crazy to offer our help. But we’re going to come back this July and we would love to help promote LPF. We were meant to do that forever, but as you know, life happens. This could be discussed later.
5. We should bring back the interviews with the writers and maybe artists. Since LPF is more like a library/archive type of site than a news site, we may help out with this (like posting links to the interviews and such). This should be discussed among the new mods to choose out both old and new writers and artists to do an interview with.
6. Should we have a ‘Writer of the month’ or ‘Writer of the year’ thingy? An award will encourage everyone to write more and communicate more with each other!
7. Maybe a new layout, a new header will help refresh the site a little. It doesn’t have to be totally different, some small touches will do.
8. Maybe LPF needs a twitter or something. That means more staff needed, but also a larger audience to reach out.
That’s all I can think of right now. Sorry if some ideas sound like word-vomit. I slept for two hours last night and have tons of shit to work on the Bennoda site. Jesus, I’m so dead. Good luck with this, and you HAVE to keep this running, Bec. We’ll always support you no matter what.
Perhaps have a close friend pay for the site?
You have 2 years to think up some ideas when it comes to money.
This is a really nice community, and I'd love to see it continue.
Also, if I have a well paying job soon, I'd be willing to help pay the domain.
From: Gummibear Queen
For those of you with not much free time you can help by:
*using the website
*reading other peoples stories and leaving constructive reviews - if their writing is poor suggest improvements
*advising admins if you see a rule breaking story that needs deleting.
*Donate money to keep the site going.
yeah i have the question with the previous comment...i would really really like to heLP...i wasn't a member on LPF but i've been reading stories like a maniac and the moment i've learnt that this site may be closed down i almost had a heart attack! :(
I would love to help, but I don't have a lot of free time...I may not seem very active, but I'm actually here everyday, mostly just reading. But I love this site and I wouldn't like it closed..at all. So, if there is anything I can do, I will try, but as I said, I don't have enough free time. But I guess I could help during this summer, at least.
From: Vampire Princess
NOO D: This site can't close! I've met so many wonderful people on here! Hell I've been a part of this site since it was fanfictionlog! I'd hate it if this site closed forever! If there is anything I can do to help I'd be willing to pitch in! I come on here almost daily, and even though I'm very slow at updating stories that I have written, I always try to help the people that need the help on this site.
I would hate to see a community such as this close forever, Linkin Park is virtually ignored in the fanfiction community and I would hate it if one of the most popular sites disappeared!
Please tell me what I can do to help keep this place up and running for the years to come!
I don't want this site to close!!! I read these stories from so long, I can't let it happen! if someone needs my help, I'm free!
I don't know if this can help, but I got kinda bored at a point too, I mean... I found the site a bit confusing with the stories, it's true they have cathegories and everything but I get lost in finding the ones I like more. maybe trying to add different sections for every story can be usefull :) if it already exists, ignore this :)
I would like to help too somehow.
This site just can't go. There's SO many good stories on here and it was be horrible to lose them. I'll help!
I've been here since I was 14 years old and met so many great friends (even in person). It can't go! We will help keep it going, Bec. I'm here to help!
Reviews 1 to 20 of 27